Helping Saint Joseph's students achieve their college and career goals
The Saint Joseph's Catholic Academy College and Career Counseling program administers a comprehensive college and career counseling curriculum empowering Saint Joseph’s students to identify, reach for, and enroll in colleges and universities that are strong fits based on their individual talents, interests, financial circumstances, and career goals.
What does Saint Joseph’s College and Career Counseling include?
- Personalized advice to Saint Joseph’s students and their parents regarding Saint Joseph’s programs and academic curriculum which will best prepare for college admission
- Administration of standardized career aptitude assessments to help Saint Joseph’s students explore job choices/career paths that are compatible with personal interests, skills, values, and personality
- Scheduling of dual/concurrent college enrollment and advanced placement (AP) coursework allowing Saint Joseph’s students to experience the rigor of postsecondary education, as well as earn credits which are transferable to many colleges and universities
- Hands on assistance with registration and preparation for college aptitude tests, SAT and ACT.
- Guest speaker presentations, directed workshops, and grade-level retreat day activities that focus on goal setting and good work habits both in college and on the job.
- Candid counseling and grade-level presentations for students and parents/guardians regarding the costs of postsecondary education, coupled with assistance identifying financial aid and scholarship opportunities and completion of important financial aid applications such as the FAFSA and PHEAA.
- Assistance with the development of career portfolios and resumes
- Job shadowing experiences to enable Saint Joseph’s students to directly experience workplace situations.
Want to learn more?
Contact Ms. Maryann Lingenfelter, Director Admissions and College/Career Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-808-6118.